Tuesday

This is strange. Someone for whose writing I had a manic excited eye out for a very long time just disppeared for a very long time. I wonder where he is. Read a redoubtable art book review that Hans Varghese Mathews did for the Frontline. way back in 2000 i regret.
***
That just reminds me - some authors should just stay clear from giving interviews; they do their market standing no favour, and give away the brief depth of their work. Ramu Katakam's interview to promote his book Glimpses of Architecture in Kerala : Temples and Palaces gives me that feeling. But I got that feeling long before anyway. At every bookshop ive been to, each volume is shrinkwrapped in plastic which means you're not absolutely encouraged to get the plastic off unless you're ready to tackle some insidious expectation. Suspect Jogninder Singh's photography does most of the job. I think it wouldn't be a very easy job for a woman to cover the subject, but I find it the theme facinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home