Tuesday

I think I made a little mistake about this blog thing and will be bringing the old isthmus back - while figuring out how to focus on the new Ideas blog. What is Finny doign these days? Finny can't give you the whole deal right now, but just look at the things on her bed: Her bedsheet, drool, pillow, and these things:
Beethovens Anvil (Music in mind and culture) William Benzon
New Scientist - Origin of Time
Saturday Ian McEwan
The rest of the day is spent with a pleasurable but challenging AK Ramanujan, Basavanna, and the Bldg Blog.
And then there's a re-reading of Muriel Spark in her prime with Miss Jean Brodie. I don't know much, but I dont't know another writer like her. Her economy and perfection were deliberate, distinctive and hard to copy. I would be happy to live like her. but her life before any success was bare to even starvation with an occassional bottle of wine from Graham Greene 'to take the cold edge off charity' (he helped her a bit with money).
Meanwhile an accidental but inevitable encounter with Marx made me sit up straight in bed at 2 am. He spoke to me, every word. I've been using the words 'lack of ownership' everytime i've been asked to account for my latest job ditch. And as we read in his seminal work in dialectical materialism, this is what you will inevitably feel when the means of production are taken out of your hands; i'll explain all this later. but in the development of philosophy, what a leap from the speculative to the actual and existenital. yes, it was the time for pure action.

More next.
Hold on for the blog sort out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home